Overview about the New Administrative Capital:
The New Administrative Capital is the latest major residential and investment project announced in March 2015 by President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi at the Egypt Economic Development Conference (EEDC). The major reason for the new capital city is to relieve congestion in Cairo, which is already one of the world’s most crowded cities, and it is growing rapidly.It will help to strengthen and diversify the country’s economic potential by creating new places to live, work and visit. It is also scheduled to move the presidential headquarters, ministries, embassies, parliament and all government institutions to it within this year.
The Administrative Capital will include many high-end residential neighborhoods and service cities, as well as many huge investments, companies and international banks. That is why a huge budget, nearly US 45 billion as estimated, has been allocated for investment in this great economic project, which will be a haven to attract investment. Also, the city would be the first smart city in Egypt to use all modern technology to provide comfort and well-being for its residents, and to ensure sustainable development of the Administrative Capital without disturbing its system.
*The most important projects of the Administrative Capital that make it a unique city:
- The Green River: a huge arterial park running through the middle of the Administrative Capital and passing by all its neighborhoods. It is 35 kilometers long, and extends from the Middle Ring Road to the Regional Ring in the heart of the Administrative Capital. The Green River will be divided into three parts: the first part is for trees that imitate nature, the second part is free public gardens, and the third part is gardens with entertainment centers, cultural activities and a children’s amusement park.
- Al-Fattah Al-Alim Mosque: the largest mosque in the world the mosque. The mosque includes a function hall and a Quran memorization house. It is located at the entrance to the Administrative Capital on the Ring Road.
- The Cathedral of the Nativity: the largest cathedral in the Middle East: it is located south of the Green River and east of the fairgrounds. It was designed according to the latest architectural styles . It includes a museum of the history of the Coptic Church, a papal headquarters, a service building and administrative offices. It actually opened on January 6, 2019 on the Christmas Eve.
- Foreign universities: the Administrative Capital will include a complex of foreign universities, which includes all academic majors and the best academic professors to provide the highest level of the university education. The complex will include approximately 12 foreign universities.
- International schools: It is planned to establish approximately fifty diverse schools in the Administrative Capital, most of which are international and private language schools,
- Capital Park: a large central park on 1,000 acres of area. It’s roughly twice the size of Central Park in New York.
- A new international airport: The Administrative Capital will include a new international airport on approximately 16 kilometres of area. It will be near the convention center and the exhibition city in order to support tourism and travel. The airport will serve residents of eastern Cairo, El Shorouk, Heliopolis and Badr cities. The airport will have the capacity to receive charter flights, and will include 8 car parks, 45 buildings and an observation tower. The airport will be equipped with the latest systems of securing and operating airports, thermal surveillance cameras, and systems of monitoring and detecting bags using the “X-ray”.
- High-end malls: the Administrative Capital will include a large number of malls that will include various international shops and stores, to meet all the purchasing demands of residents. The most important of them are Paris East Mall, Midtown Mall, and Zaha Park Mall.
*Do the Administrative Capital need car rental?
The clear answer is yes sure, for different reasons:
- Construction and building companies:
Due to these huge investments and the large range of companies working in it , all these companies need transportation for it’s teams with different administrative levels which need different kinds of cars.
- Governmental organizatoons: which will be transferred there by the beginning of 2022 also will need transportation for teams as it is far away from downtown.
- For preview: all people who interested to live there need to go there for preview to decide about.
- To visit Al Fattah Al Al mosque.
- To visit The Cathedral of the Nativity
- For the conferences which will be held there in the conferences center.
- To pick up/from the new airport there
For the previous reasons most car rental companies as Kayan Car rent provides car rental service to match these needs